PERSONALIZED 12-WEEK MUSICIANS’ YOGA PROGRAM
Are you a professional musician or a music student who’s feeling stressed-out, tense and in pain?
Would you rather feel calm, relaxed and resilient?
I wish that, when I started working in the music industry, someone would have put together a program for me to manage pain from spending hours with my instrument as well as all the different stresses of my job as a musician. I wish that they’d told me what to watch out for and taught me strategies to keep myself resilient.
Would You Like Me to Walk Alongside You?
When I talk to other musicians, most of us have had to piece our own puzzle of healing together over time. The idea behind this program is to support you on that journey and enable you to find results faster. If you’d like me to walk alongside you as you discover the unique ingredients for your wellbeing, read on.
AREAS WE MAY COVER DEPENDING ON YOUR NEEDS
- Working on breath and posture
- Building awareness of the body and mind
- Helping you to get in touch with yourself
- Releasing tension especially in the shoulders, neck, and jaw
- Working on upper body mobility
- Dealing with lower back pain
Help Prevent Injury
- Building strength and flexibility
- Adding a resistance component if needed
- Strategies for hypermobility (60% of musicians are hypermobile)
- Warm up and cool down exercises around practice/performance
- Recognizing zones of stress and calm and learning how to manage them
- Tools for down-regulating your nervous system
- Ways to enter a calm state helping you to increase your window of tolerance
- Strategies for managing performance anxiety and self-doubt
- Finding emotional resilience
- Practices for increasing your stress tolerance
- Breathing techniques for specific situations in your music career
- Deep Relaxation
- Learning to work with forgiveness, acceptance and gratitude
Systems for Selfcare
- Habit building
- Self care routines and rituals
- Sleep hygiene
- Time management
- Yoga beyond the mat
We’ll meet for an hour on zoom. I’ll use about half that time for a consultation. The other half an hour will be a yoga practice tailored to your needs that I will record and share with you for the next 7 days to practice along with before our next session.
Before the following session, I’ll send you a short questionnaire asking you for feedback on your practice. I’ll use this to progress the program.
Throughout the program, I’ll support you and help you stay on track via email, voice message and/or text. You’ll be free to use those channels to ask me any questions in between sessions as well.
- 3 monthly payments of £120,
- 1 hour per week for our zoom session.
- At least 1 more hour to practice along with the recording for a minimum of 2 times.
- 5 – 10 minutes to fill in the weekly survey.